Pinnacle typically sells Tri-Cone Bits in sizes ranging from 4″ to over 24″. Larger jobs require larger tricones so sizes can range up to 36. Size range and type of ground conditions will determine the bit you need.
High quality steel
High performance and reliability
Top Quality Tri-Cone Drill Bits
- First Digit: 1, 2, and 3 designate STEEL TOOTH BITS with 1 for soft, 2 for medium and 3 for hard formations. 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 designate TUNGSTEN CARBIDE INSERT BITS for varying formation hardness with 4 being the softest and 8 the hardest.
- Second Digit: 1, 2, 3 and 4 are further breakdown of formation with 1 being the softest and 4 the hardest.
- Third Digit: This digit will classify the bit according to bearing/seal type – see information on different bearing types – and special gauge wear protection as follows:
- Standard open bearing roller bit
- Standard open bearing roller bit, air-cooled
- Standard open bearing roller bit with gauge protection which is defined as carbide inserts in the heel of the cone
- Sealed roller bearing bit
- Sealed roller bearing bit with gauge protection
- Journal sealed bearing bit
- Journal sealed bearing bit with gauge protection
- Fourth Digit: The following letter codes are used in the fourth digit position to indicate additional features: A. Air Application R. Reinforced Welds C. Center Jet S. Standard Steel Tooth D. Deviation Control X. Chisel Insert E. Extended Jet